Sunday, March 27, 2016

Hand to Hand Tactical Miniatures Rules

I have been reading a lot of rules lately.  A LOT of rules.

I have arrived at the conclusion that I should just write my own, picking and choosing from the various rulesets until I get what I want.

Consider the following attributes for melee combat:

Agility - used for dodge

Constitution - used for hit points

Dexterity - used for to hit and parry

Strength - used for damage

Toughness - used to shake off hits that would otherwise reduce hit points

Yes, I could combine agility and dexterity into one stat, but in this case, I think more variability is better.

Similarly for combining constitution and toughness into one stat.

Consider the following attributes for magic:

Intelligence for sorcery

Spirit for magic defense

Wisdom for shaman magic

Obviously will need a lot of testing.

No comments: