Saturday, February 20, 2016

YA4XSG

YA4XSG

Yet Another 4X Space Game

4X?  Yes, you know, eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate.

Set in space, like Master of Orion.

I am trying to write a console game in python, that means no graphics.

I should have started blogging about it long ago, but better late than never.

Currently working on heroes vs. champions.  Champions are empire-wide, granting bonuses to whatever their specialty is, for example, research.  Heroes are galaxy-wide, granting bonuses to whatever their specialty is, for example, research.

Currently, there are nine computer controlled empires vying for control of the galaxy, plus trying to fend off attacks by xenos coming in from outside the galaxy.

I was up to 8,000 star systems and 400 turns, but currently I am running 2,000 systems for 100 turns, the former was just too slow.

The game also features "agents" sort of loosely modeled after the rogue traders in Warhammer 40k.  And I mean very loosely, since I cannot find my copy of the Rogue Trader  rule book, and almost no usable information is available online.  Right now running a maximum of 2,000 agents.  And they spend too much time killing each other, and too much time getting killed by xenos.  Something must be done, Serge.  Heroes and champions have names but the agents are just anonymous numbers.


No comments: